Friday, May 25, 2012

For the Red, White, and Blue


TGIF!  And it's a holiday weekend too.  Does everyone have big plans for the Memorial Day weekend?  I'm going to take a few days off and play with the grandkids.  And I know we are going to have some fun.

With this being Memorial Day I decided to do a card in red, white, and blue.  I love this paper.  It is Of Liberty Collection by Bo Bunny.  This cutie image is a stamp by MFT Pure Innocence.  This is Being Cute is What I Do. I used a sketch from Come and Get It Challenges.  It really worked great with my papers I thought. 


Recipe:
Cardstock - CS from my stash and DP is Bo Bunny
Stamps - Image and sentiment is MFT
Ink - SU Night of Navy
Die Cuts - Spellbinder Circle and Picot Edge Circle
Ribbon - SU
Star Button and Pearl - from my stash

Copics:

I plan to enter this card in these challenges:


Papertake Weekly Challenge - True Colors (Red, White, and Blue)

Sweet Stamps Challenge - #66 - Anything Goes

Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge - Bingo ( Ribbon, Die cuts/Punch, Pearls)

Paper Pretties Challenge - PWC207 - Use Bold Bright Colors

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - #80 - Anything Goes

Aud Sentiments Challenge - #55 - Any Sentiment

Charisma Cardz Challenge - #20 - No Flowers Allowed

Lily Pad Challenges - A Star Challenge

Thanks for joining me today and have a safe and fun Memorial weekend.


9 comments:

catherine said...

Super card Gale and fantastic job with the sketch. Hope you have a great weekend whatever your doing
x catherine

Anonymous said...

I just love this image. That kid is just so cute. Your card was great. Thanks for taking the time to share your talent with our Come and Get It Blog this week.

Judy McKay said...

Gale, your card is so cute. Great combos of paper. Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

* Shell B.* said...

Adorable image from MFT and cute card!

Glad that you joined us for the sketch challenge at Come and Get It!

Shell~Alaska♥

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful realization with wonderful papers. Simple an clean style as I like ! Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card Gale , the papers image and ribbon work really well, thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments challenge.. Good luck .. Pauline x

Diane Louise J said...

You've made such a beautiful card, the little girl is so cute and coloured lovely. Really liking the red, white and blue colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper-Crafty Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time.
Diane x

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet!!! Your card made me happy! Thanks for joining us at Pennys Paper Challenge. Hope to see you for the next challenge!!

~DEANNE~

Crea-Sandra said...

Such a cutie! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!
Hugs Xxx Sandra